Pizza is a favorite food of ours here at UGA SNAP-Ed, especially when it contains a lot of healthy vegetables.
This colorful pizza is made using our Yeast Free Skillet Flatbread, yummy homemade sauce, and topped with a little cheese and veggies. Quick, easy and fun for the whole family to make!
To make the sauce:
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, no salt added, combined with any or all of the following seasonings:
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon basil
To make the topping:
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 carrot
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 head broccoli
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water or scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Dice bell peppers, squash and broccoli into ½ -inch pieces. Peel and dice onion and carrots in to ½-inch pieces.
- Organize vegetables by color and put each color into its own small bowl. Set aside.
- Spread sauce evenly over cooked flatbread, leaving ½ inch around the edge. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange vegetables by color in rows on top of the cheese to make a rainbow design.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Slice and serve hot.
- This recipe was adapted from a Georgia 4-H favorite pizza recipe using our Yeast Free Skillet Flatbread instead of the traditional dough used in our Homemade Veggie Pizza!
- The tomato sauce is flavorful with the spices and herbs–no need for extra salt! Refrigerate the extra sauce and use it as a dipping sauce later. Refrigerate any leftover vegetables to use later in a stir-fry, omelet or on a salad.
Love pizza? Enjoy a family pizza night SNAP-Ed style!