This healthy dinner is quick and delicious. Just wrap everything in aluminum foil, bake, and enjoy! There won’t be any messy dishes to clean up later either!
- 4 white fish fillets (frozen, or cod or perch, total of 16-20 oz)
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (frozen)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or fresh lemon, sliced thin)
- 4 squares aluminum foil (about 10×12 inches)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes (dried or fresh chopped)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Separate fish fillets. If frozen, no need to thaw. Place one fillet in the center of each square of aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, mix frozen vegetables and diced onion. Spoon vegetables around fish, dividing equally.
- Sprinkle fish and vegetables with lemon juice (or top with lemon slice) and parsley.
- Fold ends of aluminum foil together to seal.
- Bake until fish reaches 145 degrees F. About 10 minutes for fresh fish or 30 minutes for un-thawed frozen. Serve.
This recipe easily adapts to whatever white fish is on sale or looks freshest and whichever veggies you have on hand. Keep ingredient amounts similar while you play with different combos. Frozen fillets are about ¼” thick. Thicker fillets would need to cook longer. For a taste treat, up the lemon juice to a tablespoon or top each fillet with a half tablespoon of prepared pesto before closing up the foil.