Looking for ways to keep learning from the comfort of your home? Our eLearning modules (a fancy term for online lessons) are recognized nationally as being a sound source of nutrition and healthy lifestyle.
What is Food eTalk?
Food eTalk and Food eTalk: Better U online lessons are short, easy, and fun resources for empowering you to live a more healthy lifestyle. Benefits of completing the program include:
- Making healthier food choices
- Cooking delicious meals on a budget
- Taking small steps to achieve a healthy lifestyle
The lessons themselves are free and if you complete all 10, you qualify for free kitchen and fitness items! We are going to walk you through how you can check out these interactive modules.
How do I get started?
Follow these easy steps to create a Food Talk account and start learning today!
- Go to the homepage of foodtalk.org. Click “Sign up” to create a new account using your email address or social media account.
- To complete your Food Talk profile, enter the information requested. Your zip code and current participation in federal assistance programs will be used to determine eligibility for online learning, so be certain to fill out the form accurately. Subscribe to our newsletter for access to the latest nutrition information.
- You will then be directed to complete a quick survey about your current eating habits. You will see the same questions after you complete these online lessons. Following the survey, read and sign the optional consent form to participate in research and to support future nutrition education.
- You are now all signed up! If you are eligible, you will see a list of all 10 of the online lessons. Click on the photo accompanying each lesson to get started. Complete the lessons at your own pace. If you are not eligible, be sure to enjoy all the other free resources available. Discover our FoodTalk blog, collection of healthy, low-cost recipes, and library of fitness and nutrition videos.
- After each lesson, you will be asked to complete a few questions about how you liked the information in the lesson. This is how we tell if we are doing a good job.
- When you finish all 10 lessons, you will receive a completion certificate. You will also be given instructions on how to receive FREE kitchen and exercise items from your closest Cooperative Extension office.
Have fun with our online learning! If you have questions, please contact the UGA SNAP-Ed office at 706-542-6117 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Written by Darci Bell, RDN, LD | Edited by Leslie Davis, RDN, LD, CDCES , and the Nutrition Education Team
Posted on March 24, 2021Be Creative Drink Water Focus on Health How to Cook Better Invite Your Kids Plan Ahead Save Money Shop Smarter Store Food Uncategorized