This flavorful Lemon Chicken is an easy meal anytime of the year. To add even more color and good nutrition to your table, pair it with one of our delicious sides listed below.
- 1 ½ pounds chicken leg quarters (bone-in, skin removed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (approx. the juice from 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon of salt free lemon pepper seasoning
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Do not rinse raw poultry. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel prior to seasoning (for crispier texture). Throw out paper towel and wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Cover and set in fridge on bottom shelf for 20 minutes or overnight for better flavor.
- Wash hands with soap and water, thoroughly clean area raw chicken was prepped.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit when it is time to cook the chicken.
- Place marinated chicken in a roasting pan and roast until chicken is crispy on the outside and the internal temperature in the thickest part of the chicken reads 165 degrees for at least 60 seconds (approximately 50-60 minutes).
- Take chicken out of pan while hot and place in a large, clean mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice onto the chicken and add lemon pepper seasoning. Toss with tongs to coat evenly, rolling the chicken to ensure lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning are evenly spread on all pieces. Serve immediately.
- Raw chicken and other meats are a source of dangerous bacteria (1). When handling raw meat, be sure not to touch spice containers, handles, or other unnecessary surfaces to keep your family safe. Always wash utensils, bowls, and surfaces with hot, soapy water after coming in contact with raw meat! (2)
- Removing the skin of the chicken legs reduces the unwanted saturated fat in the recipe. The spice rub results in a crispy outside, and the dark meat makes for a tender and juicy interior–all without the skin!