This recipe is as pretty as it is tasty! We love that this crisp has easy-to-enjoy fiber from the fruit, whole wheat flour, and old-fashioned oats, which all help keep us fuller for longer!
- 7 cups frozen fruit medley, thawed
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chilled, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Place an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix fruit, sugar, all-purpose flour, and cornstarch.
- Spray a 9×9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour fruit mixture into the baking dish.
- In another medium bowl. combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Mix in batter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake until topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Any fresh or frozen fruit can be substituted to make up the 7 cups of fruit.
- Do not throw away over-ripe fruit! Clean, chop, and freeze in a resealable bag for use in recipes like this one.