This yummy, easy to whip-up, chocolate-y drink is the perfect way to warm up on a cold day.
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons mini marshmallows (optional)
- 1 mini candy cane (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine cocoa powder and sugar in a large mug .
- Add ¼ cup milk and stir with a fork or small whisk until the cocoa powder and sugar form a thick, smooth paste.
- Add in remaining milk and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Microwave on high for one minute.
- Stir to distribute the mixture and microwave again for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the hot chocolate is at the desired temperature.
- Top with mini marshmallows and a mini candy cane (optional) and enjoy!
- Substitute almond milk, coconut milk or soy milk for a dairy-free treat. Make sure you are using 100% cocoa powder to ensure no dairy has been added.
- Try adding a few drops of peppermint extract for a minty flavor.